|W 3890 4371 (Pub.)||Diameter 9.5m (Pub.)|
|Visited July 1998|
Templebryan is also known as the Druid's
Temple, it stands on level ground about 2km north of Clonakilty, the Argrideen
River is only 500m away to the NE.
This a multi-stone Irish recumbent circle and time has not been kind here, today only four circle stones still stand with another fallen at the NW, a small quartz boulder stands near the circle centre. The original stone count is thought to have been nine, this is supported by an account of 1743 which mentioned nine stones standing at that time. The remaining stones are all tall with flat tops, heights are in the range 1.4m to 2.0m, the axial stone at SSW has a particularly flat top and a peculiar squat, "tubby" appearance. Of the portals, only the eastern stone has survived, these stones seem to have been placed tangentially to the circle. The circle axis runs NNE-SSW and is around 9.5m long internally, the quartz boulder is centrally placed with its sides aligned along the circle axis, it is 0.7m tall.